As a therapist, I use an interactive, “here and now” approach. I believe that relationships are healing, and that a strong connection and open dialogue between myself and the client is the most effective path toward change.
The tools I have developed through years of training offer methods to heighten and develop awareness, and, with awareness, I have seen many clients overcome significant blocks, and move into a more full and satisfying expression of their potential selves.
As with all relationships, every therapeutic relationship is different, and I believe that what happens in the therapy process should be shaped by your style as well as mine. I look forward to meeting you with openness, curiosity, flexibility, and creativity.
I have over five years of advanced training in Gestalt Therapy. My specialties include work with anxiety, sexual problems, sexuality issues, trauma, creativity, and depression. I also have experience working with substance abuse and recovery.
My credentials include:
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW), CUNY Hunter College, New York, NY
- NY State License #R 078908-1
- 6+ years of post-graduate training in Gestalt Therapy, including video-supervised work experience, Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy, New York, NY
- 1 year training on sex, sexuality, gender, and LGBT-related issues through the Center Training Institute (CTI), The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center, New York, NY
- Significant supervised work experience in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, and crisis intervention
- Adjunct lecturer for the psychology department at CUNY Brooklyn College
- Clinical supervisor for counseling staff a the New York Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center
- Behavioral Specialist and Group Facilitator for the New York Nutrition and Obesity Research Center (NYNORC) at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital
- Media consultations to projects including the Discovery Channel’s Meth Nation
Robert Mauksch, LCSW-R
1123 Broadway, Office 1115
New York, NY 10010