As a therapist, I use an interactive, “here and now” approach. I believe that relationships are healing, and that a strong connection and open dialogue between myself and the client is the most effective path toward change.
The tools I have developed through years of training offer methods to heighten and develop awareness, and, with awareness, I have seen many clients overcome significant blocks, and move into a more full and satisfying expression of their potential selves.
As with all relationships, every therapeutic relationship is different, and I believe that what happens in the therapy process should be shaped by your style as well as mine. I look forward to meeting you with openness, curiosity, flexibility, and creativity.
I have over six years of advanced training in Gestalt Therapy, as well as additional training in Couples Therapy. My specialties include work with anxiety, relationship and communication issues, sexual problems, sexuality issues, trauma, creativity, and depression. I also have experience working with substance abuse and recovery.
My credentials include:
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW), CUNY Hunter College, New York, NY
- NY State License #R 078908-1
- 6+ years of post-graduate training in Gestalt Therapy, including video-supervised work experience, Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy, New York, NY
- Post-graduate training in Couples Therapy
- Training in sex, sexuality, gender, and LGBT-related issues through the Center Training Institute (CTI) at The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center, New York, NY
- Faculty at the Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training (New York)
- Adjunct lecturer for the psychology department at CUNY Brooklyn College
- Significant work experience in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, and crisis intervention
- Clinical supervisor for clinicians in public and private practice
- Numerous media consultations, workshops, lectures, and presentations
Robert Mauksch, LCSW-R
1123 Broadway, Office 813
New York, NY 10010